Solutions for Businesses
1. training services 2.worker recruitment assistance 3.strategic planning or economic development 3. client support services 4.access untapped labor pools
|Input Meetings (2)||O Listen to Business||Board + Business Services Staff|
|Workforce Development Plan||Active Solutions||Board + Business Services Staff|
|Contracts||Agreements & Details||Business Services Staff|
|Reporting||Metrics: Monthly & Quarterly||Business Services Staff|
|Input Data||Client MJL Maintenance||Business Services Staff|
1. TRAINING SERVICES
- On-the-Job Training • Incumbent Worker Training • Transitional Jobs
- Customized Training • Work Experience • Apprenticeship
2. WORKER RECRUITMENT ASSISTANCE
- Supporting the employer’s search for qualified applicants
- Identifying job requirements and providing employers with staff support for screening and preemployment interviews of program participants that would be appropriate candidates
- Providing space at the one-stop for employers to conduct screening and interviews
- Taking job order information and promoting employer opportunities
- Conducting special recruitment efforts including out-of-state recruitment for candidates with special skills
- Organizing, conducting and participating in job fairs
- Explaining tools, the employer can use to do job task analysis
- Providing or referring to resources the employer can use to analyze and address employee turnover/retention and or absenteeism
3. ACCESSING UNTAPPED LABOR POOLS
- Outreach to youth, veterans, individuals with disabilities, older workers, ex-offenders, and other target demographic groups
- Connecting the employer to WOTC applications
- Connecting to or providing industry awareness campaigns
- Connecting to or establishing joint partnerships with high-schools, community colleges, or other programs to improve employee skill levels
- Connecting to or establishing joint partners to address English proficiency and vocational training
- Providing or referring to information on programs improving acceptance of diversity in the workplace
4. EMPLOYER INFORMATION & SUPPORT SERVICES
- Customized workforce information on state, regional, and local labor market & industry conditions.
- Customized workforce information on occupations, the characteristics of the workforce skills businesses need.
- Information on local employment dynamics such as workforce availability, supply/demand, turnover rates, job creation & identification of high growth and demand occupations
- Linkage and referrals to community resources that support their workforce needs
- Info on employment related issues, employment and labor law
- Info on tax credits, workforce incentives such as Federal Bonding
5. STRATEGIC PLANNING OR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Participating in community-based strategic planning
- Sponsoring employer or industry forums
- Securing and sharing information on industry trends
- Providing workforce information for economic development planning
- Partnering in collaborative efforts to identify workforce challenges and develop strategies to address them
1 Meeting – Workforce Needs Input, Discussion, & Forecast
The Annual / Introduction Meeting is the first steps that will help a firm meets its current & future training and workforce demand through regional cooperation.
- Explore what the occupational needs for the client and its industries in the categories of 1. recruitment 2. retention and 3. succession.
- Assess the skills, credentials, and gaps in the talent landscape
- Delve beyond public data to uncover business realities in the region
- Study county commuting patterns and now COVID induced migration patterns
- Opportunities for offenders, youth, remote work, & careers in transition
2 Plan – Workforce Services
The Workforce Service Plan schedules selected services to meet needs for a period of up to 1 year. It determines what goals are critical and what deliverables are expected.
- Staff creates short ideas list based on industrial analysis.
- Staff Meets with Service Provider to discuss ideas and form a strategy and implementation plan.
- Service Provider Talent Landscape Assessment
- Service Provider and Staff with client to create a 1-2-3 Workforce Plan
3-4-5 Fine Print & Metrics
The Workforce Service Plan will have accompanying contracts to provide free services such as OTJ, Customized Training, & Talent Landscape Survey. Staff will help firm with MJL requirements and with
3 Workforce Contracts, Agreements & Details
4 Client MJL Reporting – State Database Business Service Provider
5 Client Monthly or Quarterly Metrics to build performance (3)