Androscoggin County Commissioner
2 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210
Franklin County Commissioner
140 Main Street, Suite 3
Farmington, ME 04938
(Bob Devlin, Proxy)
Kennebec County Commissioner
125 State Street
Augusta, ME 04330
Oxford County Commissioner
449 Paris Hill Rd., Box 179
South Paris, ME 04271
|Robert Sezak – CLEO Chair
Somerset County Commissioner
41 Court Street
Skowhegan, ME 04976
2021 CWMWDB Meeting Schedule
January 27 Wed 9am
April 28 Wed 9am
July 28 Wed 9am
October 27 Wed 9am
Meeting ID: 885 0176 0960
Dial Instructions: (312) 626 6799 or (929) 205 6099 Meeting ID: 885 0176 0960 Passcode: 472474227
We shifted the meeting month to present performance and financial data from the most recently closed quarter. Currently, data lags by over two months.
One County Commissioner each from Androscoggin, Franklin, Kennebec, Oxford, and Somerset Counties comprise the five members serving on our Chief Local Elected Official (CLEO) Board. The CLEOs’ powers include but are not limited to:
- Working with the CWMWDB to conduct oversight with respect to local programs of youth activities authorized under WIOA, local employment and training activities authorized under WIOA, and the one-stop delivery system in the local area.
- The appointment of Central Western Maine Workforce Development Board (CWMWDB) members based on WIOA requirements.
- The review and approval of the CWMWDB’s budget for the purpose of carrying out the duties of the CWMWDB as outlined in WIOA.
- Assisting in the administration of the grant funds by designating an entity to serve as a local grant subrecipient or a local fiscal agent.
- In cooperation with the CWMWDB, disburse funds to local grant recipients for workforce investment activities with direction from the CWMWDB.
- Consulting with the Governor on the designation or re-designation of a Local Workforce Development Area.
- Working with the CWMWDB and the Governor to negotiate and reach agreement on local performance measures.
- Working with the CWMWDB to develop and submit to the Governor a comprehensive 4-year local plan that is consistent with the State plan.
- Reviewing and approving the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the CWMWDB and the One Stop Partners, relating to the operation of the One Stop delivery system in the local area.
- In cooperation with the CWMWDB, designating and certifying One Stop Operators or terminating for cause the eligibility of such operators.