CWMWDB Vision Statement
“A diverse and satisfied workforce meeting the needs of employers.”
The CWMWDB’s vision is a strong, vibrant, sustainable economy that generates growth opportunities for employers and creates high demand-high wage jobs for job seekers. It is a system that promotes active, engaged industry partnerships to create a highly trained, educated, and diverse workforce leading to improved quality of life for the residents of Central/Western Maine.
- Balance Supply and Demand of Labor
- Improve Communication within the Workforce Development System
- Promote Foundational Learning and Adaptability Skills
- Support and facilitate industry sector development
- Improve educators’ understanding of workforce needs/skills requirements
- Increase employer engagement in workforce development system
- Reduce the mismatch between job seeker skills and employer needs
We accomplish this by:
- Guiding job seekers and employers through various regulations and funding requirements so they can benefit from available resources and maintain compliance.
- Working closely with Eastern Maine Development Corporation to inform the public of said resources through their offices in the seven designated Career Center locations
- Informing decisions about market demands and worker availability by convening experts and analyzing data.
- Collaborating with partners to adopt proven and promising practices for workforce development programming.
- Click here to read our latest strategic plan.
- Our new strategic plan is in development! Please contact us if you would like to be involved in the conversation to help us plan our strategic goals going forward!
We serve job seekers, workers and businesses in Androscoggin, Franklin, Kennebec, Oxford and Somerset Counties in Maine. We strive to enhance the quality of services offered across the system to ensure consistent, effective experiences for its stakeholders, cultivating economic prosperity for our region.